Podcast Live, the first of its kind live venture launched last month, is pleased to announce seven additional shows for its politics themed debut event (7th April). Additional podcasts include the BBC’s chart-topping Brexitcast and Sky News’ “Sophy Ridge on Sunday” podcast. A third room at the venue will also be opened to cope with the additional demand for tickets.
The new additions to the lineup are:
- Brexitcast: The BBCs chart-topping podcast, explaining everything Brexit-related, hosted by Chris Mason, Katya Adler and Adam Fleming;
- Sky News: “Sophy Ridge on Sunday”, hosted by Sky News presenter Sophy Ridge;
- ITV News: “Acting Prime Minister” hosted by Political Correspondent Paul Brand;
- Daily Telegraph: “Chopper’s Brexit Podcast” hosted by Christopher Hope;
- Politico’s EU Confidential podcast with Ryan Heath and Jack Blanchard;
- The Week: “The Week Unwrapped” hosted by Olly Mann;
- The “New European Podcast” with Steve Anglesey and Richard Porritt
In addition, the Intelligence Squared podcast team have announced the special guest for their “How I Found My Voice” spin-off will be renowned artist Tracey Emin. The episode will be hosted by BBC presenter Razia Iqbal.
Podcast Live Chairman Phil Riley said: “We’ve been totally overwhelmed by the response to the event. Podcasters are really keen to perform live and meet their fans, and listeners seem equally as excited to get involved and participate in this live occasion.”
Creative Director Matt Deegan added: “The day is going to be packed with interesting guests, hosts and topics – and we are hopeful of a few surprises too. The additional shows added really highlight the strength in depth of the UK podcast scene.”
Sky News Sophy Ridge, whose podcast is one of the additions, said “I’m a massive fan of podcasting because it lends itself to a more informal, intimate style of interviewing. Usually “Sophy Ridge on Sunday” is just my producer Matt Lavender and me in an empty radio studio, so I’m looking forward to the very different atmosphere of a live show!”
The shows will all be recorded for subsequent release by the podcasters.
Podcast Live Politics is taking place at Friends House / The Light on the Euston Road in Central London on Sunday April 7th from 10am-5pm. Show tickets are priced at £12 (+ booking fee), and all-day entry from £30 (+ booking fee) from here.
Brexitcast will be a free show with tickets allocated by ballot via the Podcast Live website here. Applicants have until Midday on Sunday 24th March to register.